Bulgaria Expat Life: A Fantastic Water Bill and Where to Find Answers

A Fantastic Water Bill and Where to Find Answers - Ha, Ha, Ha. 
Yes, I have stolen the title idea from the most successful writer of all time, J.K. Rowling. 
I hope she won't sue me for it. 
That would be fun, wouldn't it? 
But don't I have enough with a really fantastic water bill and the emails I write asking myself where to find answers to the absurdity of it all? 

Today, I composed and sent a second email to the main water office in the region, along with another one to the Energy and Water Regulatory Commission.

In addition to that, I published a new post on one of my most popular blogs—an enigma as to why it garners 1000 visits a day. 

Yes, I understand that, in the grand scheme of websites, it might be considered a modest number, but for a blog without any advertising, it's rather impressive. 

As impressive as this fantastic bill of 445 leva for readings that nobody knows the origin of, that is the reason for the title of my posts. 
Anyway, believe it or not, I received a response from the Water Regulatory Commission advising me to sign the complaint. It is a legal requirement for them to assist me in elucidating these phantasmagorical readings.

I don't know how this is going to end, and I can assure you that dealing with these sorts of things is not to my liking. Navigating bureaucracy and interacting with people during a challenging period of my life makes everything a lot harder. In my books about menopause, I used an example regarding dealing with bills.

The universe does listen, but the irony of it all... 

It’s rather ridiculous and I feel bad for documenting this in public. It’s just a bill, people have bigger fish to fry. I cannot agree more.

However, this bill is exceptionally high and irregular. This is a fantastic water bill and I am trying to find answers.

Why does this happen?

If this were England, the matter would have been fixed in 5 minutes or less, over the phone.

My peace is gone, and my mind cannot focus on writing and earning a living. What a price to pay for 529 leva worth of water. 
Water that I haven't used, but have conserved to the utmost extent, showcasing my dedication to both saving the planet and safeguarding my savings. 

6 m3 billed 529 Leva. 

Wait, didn't I mention 445 Leva earlier? 
Correct, but I've already paid an 83 Leva bill based on an estimation of 22 m3, when in fact I used 6 m3.

I am out of my mind, but not nuts. But if no resolution is provide, I cannot promise I won't. For now, I stay put on the barricades. 

The Bulgarian water company charged me approximately 88.17 Leva for each cubic meter of water. Which is approximately 45.09 Euro. 

529 Leva = 270.51 Euro for 6 m3. 

What the actual HELL? 

It's a joke, but my sense of humor is not amused. 
My menopausal mind contemplates and rethinks this, trying really hard not to escalate it to the end of the world—my world. 

I wish I were a lawyer or had a friend who was a lawyer.  


PS Just to clarify, 529 Leva is actually for 139 m3 of water. Readings that contradict the ones I gave them. 
My water meter recorded 6 m3, not 139. 

Do I have to subtract this 6 m3 from the 139 they charged me for? 
I think so, but at this point, my mind is spinning. 
Numbers... bleah!  

I cannot write more about this. 
Where am I? 
In which era? 
What's my name? 

picture a whale and girl playing in the sea



Help, I am drowning. 
white and red lighthouse on a blue background icon

Thank you for taking the time to check out my ideas. I'm genuinely honored to have the chance to share some thoughts with you.

Check my Amazon author profile by clicking here to see my books signed with Cristina G. or here to find my books signed with Cristina Gherghel.

Here are my Goodreads author profile where you can explore and discover my work. 

Credit video, audio and pictures: most are mine, some are from Pixabay, some other are from PNGtree


Post a Comment

If your words lack kindness, silence is golden.

Previous Post Next Post