Drowning in Doubt: An Expat's Quest for Answers in Bulgaria's Water Billing Enigma

I sent the signed complaint to the Energy and Water Regulatory Commission, as instructed – but only this morning. 
I had been thinking about it a lot. I woke up in the night at 3, as I usually do since my beloved mother passed away, and my menopausal mind started to panic: 
What if they start an investigation on me instead? 

What would they find? 

Can they split the hair in 4 and do everything in their power to annihilate me? 

What if they start harassing me with all sorts of questions and interrogations that are completely unrelated to this matter, in retaliation for this complaint? 
I have no high-up connections; nobody can defend and save me. 

What if this flat is abusive, and the construction of it is illegal? 
You know, in Bulgaria and many other countries, sometimes buildings are not built by following rules and regulations. I wouldn't know how this complex was built.

I shook my head and said, 
"It is what it is. I have the right to contest such a bill and such irregularities. I haven't done anything wrong. What happened to my water account is absurd, and I'd like to know why we got here. If I will die because of it, then so be it."
I am a bit lost and drowning in doubt. My head hurts. It didn't hurt in a long time. If you've read any of my books on menopause, you know that the worst symptom I had been dealing with for more than three years was constant headaches. When I broke my arm, these headaches disappeared. 
How amazing is that? 
Unfortunately, now they are back, and my arm is not how it used to be. Maybe the universe took pity on me and left me to deal with one big problem at a time. One significant issue and several other small—or relatively small—ones that I brought upon myself. 

woman-long-hair-green-swimming-costume-water

But really, what if this is the start of my demise?

Have I come to Bulgaria to end it all?

I guess it's part of the game that is called life. I always thought that dealing with the law could ruin lives. I guess we shall see.

In the meanwhile, I'll pay my energy bill. Thank God, I didn't have the same problem when the contract was transferred in my name. 

After that, I will do everything in my power to go back to writing books and start earning a living. Otherwise, well, it is what it is.

Bulgaria, I loved you so, so much. 

You were the lighthouse I was looking for. Why can't you let me do what I came here to do? 

white and red lighthouse on a blue background icon

Thank you for taking the time to check out my ideas. I'm genuinely honored to have the chance to share some thoughts with you.

Check my Amazon author profile by clicking here to see my books signed with Cristina G. or here to find my books signed with Cristina Gherghel.

Here are my Goodreads author profile where you can explore and discover my work. 

Credit video, audio and pictures: most are mine, some are from Pixabay, some other are from PNGtree


Post a Comment

If your words lack kindness, silence is golden.

Previous Post Next Post